As a business coach over the years I have been asked many times what it takes to create a successful recruitment business. I always find this challenging because I don’t believe there is only one answer that fits all. What I do know is that there are a number of things that every recruitment business. should do and every recruitment business owner does do to guarantee success.
So with your permission I would like to share what the most successful recruitment business owners do. The good news, you can apply this to any business
1. They must have goals – knowing exactly where your business is going, what it will look like when it is finished is absolutely essential for business success. Unless you know where you are going, how will you know when you get there? Not only that, business goals keep you on track and should motivate and inspire you.
2. Positive Beliefs’ – What ever you believe is true. If you believe you will be successful it is true, if you believe you are going to struggle that is also true. Our decisions and beliefs are not based on reality itself, our decisions are based on our belief of reality. What we do know is that all successful business owners believe 100% in what they are doing.
3. Be true to your customers, potential customers and suppliers – Be always true to your customers, your prospects and your suppliers, exaggerating the benefits of what you sell, and failing to deliver against that can have massive negative implications. As word of mouth marketing is often the primary way that businesses find customers.
4. Understand the importance of sales and marketing and do it effectively – in all the years as a business coach clients will often tell me that their product or service is the best available in the market place. And I tell my client that makes no difference to them, what is actually important is that they have to market the service or product to potential clients. Because it is very rare that potential clients will come to your door just because you have the best product or service. To get more customers you will have to market/sell your product or service effectively and continually.
5. Embrace the web – No matter what your product is there is every chance that your potential customers will turn to the web before they make their decision to purchase with you. That may be Yell.com, Google, Yahoo or MSN. If your customers can’t find you they will give your business to one of your competitors. Remember “social media marketing works” that is why multi nationals use them, also it is free. How good is that when it comes to marketing? And it is a great source for checking out clients and candidates
6. Be realistic in your expectations – yes some people set up in business and become a millionaire over night but that is an exception. They normally send a lot of time setting up and working on the business. Once you have your goal, you know where you are going, you then build a team you will achieve your goals.
7. Taking action – Take action with the respective goal and all the other things I have mentioned it is easy to get stuck in the planning phase, or sit by the phone waiting for clients to call you. What we do know is that all successful business owners take action to achieve their long term goals.