Its Christmas week and that means great things if you’re a recruitment business owner! It’s a time to enjoy family and friends…to reap the rewards of your labour throughout the year…and most importantly, to prepare for what’s ahead.
So as you settle into the holidays, here are some top tips used by the most successful recruitment business leaders for making 2011 your best year yet.
1) Take some time off – really! Most business owners get trapped thinking that relentless, unceasing productivity is what will make you rich. While hard work is an important component of success, truly successful business owners understand the importance of taking time out to recharge themselves.
So first things first…TAKE A BREAK SOMETIME BETWEEN NOW AND 4th January 2011.
I’m talking at least 5-7 days. Set some boundaries to ensure you do it. Go away on holiday. Visit loved ones. But get away from it all. This is very important in order for the next step to work well.
2) Develop a list of the top 10 things you want to do this coming year…..Here’s how it works:
Get in a quiet space turn the phone off. Make a long list of the things you want to achieve or bring into your life for 2011. Next, choose the top 10. Now rank them in order of priority. You’ll find that your personal achievement plan for 2011 already lives inside of you. This exercise just clarifies it in a powerful way.
Here’s an example of the kind of list you might come up with if you’re a recruitment business owner. (I’ve included just 7 items for the sake of simplicity, but I recommend your list includes at least 10.)
- Maintain average monthly billing of £x with net profit.
- Build a team of high performing consultants, and create a business rather than a job.
- Spend 2 weeks in Barbados with family.
- Attend my son’s soccer game every single weekend.
- Invest £x per month in value stocks.
- Invest in relationship and spend quality time with loved ones.
- Exercise four times per week for 40 minutes each time
And so on…
3) Update your power point vision book with new pictures, quotes, etc. that allow you to visualise your new year goals as having been achieved and enjoyed. As you’re taking time off in number 1 above, don’t be afraid to go to your computer and start developing this new vision for the New Year. Just don’t start EXECUTING. That’s for AFTER the holidays! For now, it’s just visioning and planning. No guilt allowed for doing these activities.
4) Create your plan. To achieve these goals, how much revenue does your business need to deliver? How many clients and at what monthly billing rate? For £x per monthly invoice, you might decide you need to acquire 10 new clients. So how many Business Development meetings/Candidate interviews/prospect calls will you and your team have to do? How many leads will your website have to generate? How many leads will you generate via social media? Plan it all out in intricate detail.
5) Find yourself a business coach, preferably a Recruitment Coach who understands your business and this planning process. In the few days before the New Year, get together with your coach by phone or face-to-face and share your goal list and your updated vision book. Your coach will be able to share with you some of the secrets to make it all happen. So set high, but realistic goals for yourself and make 2011 your best year yet!
Kick off the New Year with passion!
If you would like some top tips for recruitment business owners, then join our group on LinkedIn: Recruitment business owners and directors Inner Circle. Over the next months we will be sharing with members some tools and techniques to grow their business.
If you want some assistance and top tips on how to create the life of your dreams, click on the link below:
and book a 30 minute complimentary session with one of our coaches.
Wishing you a fantastic Christmas and a prosperous 2011.